deployment issue

xfabex

Hi,

I'm having some problems with wds in the network machines.

i have wds working, i've created a wim image with win pe, but when i'm deploying for others computers, it doesn't work,(computers are restarting when finishing the deploying, others don't see the image.)

what can i do to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Hi

How are you deploying it? I've installed and configured windows deployment services and windows aik, workbench, and don't gave it any errors. I also use a dhcp server of a other 2003 server of my network.

What are the clients, and what OS is the image of? i used sysprep and winpe to have a XP Professional wim image but when i finish deploying to others machines diferent of the one that create a wim image, it restarts again and again. It seams that its with the wrong drivers.

Do I must have a diferent image for a diferent chipset?

What OS is on your server? 2003 Server Standart

Are you running native or mixed mode? Native

Thank you.

You may either have a HAL or Mass Storage Driver conflict if you are deploying to different configs. The images made by WDS/Imagex aren't very big and I only have 1 image per motherboard, sans applications. To see why your client is rebooting, after deploy press F8 to get to the Statup Menu. Then choose Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure to see what error you are getting.