ImageX HTA with Win PE 3.0/4.0 x64/x86

Tripredacus

Yeah I forgot to change that style when I made the Atomic Bomb version. I typically just make backgrounds that work with the existing colors. I'll have to go in and change all my PEs soon when we get the new Office "Injunction" version in so I can change the installers, and I'll probably fix it then.

A couple of things regarding this code:

1. adding this script to the head to resize/center the window is much faster than the existing method:

<script language="javascript">
var startWindowWidth = 1024;
var startWindowHeight = 768;
var startWindowLeft = 1;
var startWindowTop = 1;

window.moveTo(startWindowLeft, startWindowTop);
window.resizeTo(startWindowWidth, startWindowHeight);
</script>

2. The logic for checking window size doesn't work in some scenarios and you get offscreen windows if you use setres to resize a window from 800x600 to something larger (in my case, 1024x768) and have BORDER = none (which I do). Specifically, the map network drive and diskpart windows are almost completely off-screen - I've changed the logic as follows, since I know my screen is going to be 1024x768 for sure, I don't need to waste the time doing a lookup and can hard-code these:

'****************************************************************************
'Network Drive mapper
...<snip>...
objFile1.WriteLine "Sub Window_Onload"
objFile1.WriteLine " startWindowLeft = 312"
objFile1.WriteLine " startWindowTop = 299"
objFile1.WriteLine ""
objFile1.WriteLine " window.moveTo startWindowLeft, startWindowTop"
objFile1.WriteLine " window.resizeTo 400, 170"
objFile1.WriteLine "End Sub"

'Diskpart
...<snip>...
ObjFile.WriteLine "Sub Window_Onload"
objFile.WriteLine "On Error Resume next"
objFile.WriteLine "objFso.DeleteFile(TempTXT1)"
objFile.WriteLine "On Error Goto 0"
objFile.WriteLine " startWindowLeft = 312"
objFile.WriteLine " startWindowTop = 194"
objFile.WriteLine ""
objFile.WriteLine " window.moveTo startWindowLeft, startWindowTop"
objFile.WriteLine " window.resizeTo 400, 380"
ObjFile.WriteLine "custom.style.visibility = "&chr(34) & "hidden"&chr(34) & ""
ObjFile.WriteLine "End Sub"

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, i have a issue, trying to probe the wizard HTA in WinPE 3.0 when I try register de dll with the comand regsvr32 /s misc/GImageX_COM.dll, I get a message saying Access Deny and obviously the HTA doesn´t work, some sugges?

thanks in advance

Hi everyone, I´m a little confused, I´m still suffering with the hta v.7.1 over winpe 3.0 I can´t yet adapted my code. so my question is Wath is the real improvment to migrate from Winpe 2.0 to Winpe 3.0. are this deserve all this pain?.

Edited by Sacriestory

Hi everyone, I´m a little confused, I´m still suffering with the hta v.7.1 over winpe 3.0 I can´t yet adapted my code. so my question is Wath is the real improvment to migrate from Winpe 2.0 to Winpe 3.0. are this deserve all this pain?.

There are a couple reasons why going to Win PE 3.0 is needed, but it depends on your need. You can still use the Win PE 2.x version if you want as long as you stay with the WAIK for Vista SP1. For me, once Windows 7 came out, we updated our Technician computers and Server with the OPK for Windows 7. The OPK is the OEM version of the WAIK, it is nearly the same except OPK gets different benefits depending on your partner level. Also, you need WinPE 3 to deploy Windows 7 or at least be able to get support on it from Microsoft.

I had found out early on that the Win7 OPK (and WAIK) cannot modify legacy WIMs, ie WIMs created with previous versions. So In order to making new updates and be able to put drivers in the image, we need to stay on the same version. If you do not have this requirement, you can just as easily use the Win PE 2.x version.

Hi Guys, i have a issue, trying to probe the wizard HTA in WinPE 3.0 when I try register de dll with the comand regsvr32 /s misc/GImageX_COM.dll, I get a message saying Access Deny and obviously the HTA doesn´t work, some sugges?

If you are using the 64bit WINPE you need the 64bit GImageX_COM.dll, download link is provided earlier in this thread.

• 1 month later...

nothing.... :realmad:

the progress bar not run...

i have the same grey rectangle...

i make all the steps , gimagex x64 , startnet.cmd , and all packages..mhta...etc...

nothing :(

i don't understand where is MY error...

nothing.... :realmad:

the progress bar not run...

i have the same grey rectangle...

i make all the steps , gimagex x64 , startnet.cmd , and all packages..mhta...etc...

nothing :(

i don't understand where is MY error...

The current code in this is still the same as v7.1 except for the code changes mentioned in this thread. So the progress bar code is still incorrect, and as such, does not work for anyone. So its not your error, no one sees the progress bar. It is good enough to see the square, on some video cards/motherboards, no rectangle appears at all! Anyways, you will know when it is done because it shows you a prompt after applying the image.

• 2 months later...

Great thread gentlemen ;)

This will help me alot in my quest to get burnintester from passmark running :D

AMT I have it running with Winpe 2.x but I to want to deploy the .wim file from WDS in win2k8 x64 :D

Will update when I try more tomorrow at work :D

That should not be a problem. My 2008 x64 WDS currently has 4 different boot images to choose from:

1. Atomic Bomb (WinPE 3.0 x86) ImageX Deployment Platform

2. BurnInTest (WinPE 2.1 x86)

3. Imagex (x86) (WinPE 2.1 x86) ImageX Deployment Platform

4. Imagex (x64) (WinPE 3.0 x64) ImageX Deployment Platform

So the WDS does not care what architecture the boot image is. WDSNBP figures out what the client can handle. If the client is only x86 CPU (like Celerons or Atoms or older) it will only show 1-3. The x64 boot image only appears in the menu if the CPU can handle 64bit OS.

• 3 months later...

Hi

This is a fantatsic tool.

2 additions I am trying to add to the HTA is the Description of the Images in the WIM file. I have edited the NAME section to see if I could get it but I would like to show both Name and Description for all the images within the WIM file ?

The other I am trying to add is information about the machine I am going to deploy to. I would like the Serial Number and Machine Model. I have added the vbs script to my HTA file but I cant seem to get it into the HTA. Probably I would like to put this above the Disk Information.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Dicko

I'm not sure how to get the description out of the XML. I didn't write either the original nor modified XML code. For your other project, you are going to have to code it in VBScript in the HTA itself. If you are getting errors or not sure how to approach that, make a post here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/66-programming-c-delphi-vbvbs-cmdbatch-etc/

Hi

I have managed to create a wim file with several images. I have taken a basic windows XP image and then several different images from different laptops.

When I try to restore one of the newer images it takes less than 5 minutes to do but it only puts on the folder structure and no files ?

Do I have to restore the basic image first and then the newer image on top, if so is there no way of doing both at the same time?

I though it would put the image back that you requested and pull the relevant files ?

Thanks

Dicko