Network Printer Installation Issue

posix

I've recently vlited a Vista Entreprise x86 SP1 that I downloaded from my MSDNAA account. It runs like a charm on a computer that doesn't even meet all the hardware requirements Vista would usually demand. Vlite is just awesome!

There's only one issue that I'm afraid might be caused by my lust for removing components in vlite: Installing a network printer.

Our printer is connected to our house router. Everyone accesses it via LAN. To install a network printer, I do the following.

Start > Printers > Add Printer > Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer > The printer that I want isn't listed > Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname > I enter the Ip address and click "Next"

Then, after a short while of "Contacting printer ..." the following error window pops up.

vista_network_printer1.png

Upon clicking OK, another error window appears:

vista_network_printer2.png

Would anyone happen to know if this is possibly caused by a removed component? Please find my "Last Session.ini" attached. Furthermore, if it is due to a missing component, my only chance is to reinstall Vista? Is my activation key then already used up and I will have to get a new one in order to activate Vista?

I'm most thankful for someone's assistance, opinion or help.

Last_Session.ini

You have to keep SNMP and the SUA, SubSystem for Unix Applications. I believe I also kept the Simple TCP/IP service, though I don't believe it's necessary. This is what I remember so test in vmware first.

Edited by toille