Classic Folders and Disk Compression

Antharro

So after posting this in the wrong place :blushing:, I'm re-posting here. All help appreciated!

Hi all,

I'm new here, tho I've been messing around with nLite for some time now. I've only really had a motivation to get into this seriously since I got an 8Mb Dell Mini 9. I gotta say I prefer my Samsung NC10, but the Mini was free... almost. Had to buy a screen for it.

Anyways, I've been playing with nLite, integrating drivers, changing settings, etc. I'm using the Dell XP SP3 for ULPCs CD that came with the Mini. It seems that the drivers for this thing have to go on in a specific order else the install BSODs on its first boot - not helpful. So I got that sorted out, and I think I've even managed to get the couple of drivers that won't integrate to run using RunOnce, although I screwed up the file paths so they didn't work. But still, I'm left with two problems.

1) Despite my double-checking and double-checking again, classic folder view is turned ON. This is annoying and I cannot see what I've done or not done to set this. Also, this is not something that is turned on by default on the Dell installation, so it's something that either I am, or nLite is doing.

2) Disk Compression is turned on. Again, I don't know what I've done to this as I don't recall setting that. I'm wondering if it's something that was turned on on the Dell CD, and if so, how the heck do I turn it off?

I've created four sequential "editions" of the nLited install, mostly to see if I could work out what to do with the drivers. So I've attached all four session INIs. Perhaps someone here could take a look through them and see what I've done or haven't done and point me in the right direction? I know I haven't done things in the most "tidy" manner, but I can't see anything related to my two problems.

Many thanks!

-Anth

(edited to clarify Disk Compression, not Compressed Folders, aka zip files)

LAST_SESSION__205508.13_17.31.50_.INI

LAST_SESSION__205508.13_18.16.28_.INI

LAST_SESSION__205508.13_18.30.30_.INI

LAST_SESSION__205508.16_00.25.20_.INI

Edited by Antharro

Maybe people were scared off by the mess (too much work). :)

Anyway, I looked and I can't see anything obvious that could cause your two issues. Most probably it's the Dell CD. Less likely - the theme; and much less likely - IE7 integration (except if there is a known quirk about IE7 - I don't know much about that).

Also, I hope you have read the many reports of errors encountered when running nLite more than once on the same source. It might work, but often it doesn't.

GL

I guess john is on vacation. :hello:

Can you post your i386\nlite.in_ file? First extract it (7-Zip will work) and remove your username/pass.