Rookie questions about slimming down Windows

smilejack1

I've used nLite once before with success. I'd like to make a much slimmer installation this time, however, and have a few questions. My computer skills are modest at best, so plain and simple English, where possible, will be appreciated.

1) If I remove a given Windows component - Dr. Watson, say, or Microsoft SideWinder support, or Remote Desktop - and then later find that I need it, can it be added to my Windows installation without too much fuss? Will I be able to install them onto my machine from the nLite disk I make, or from the install disk I use to make my nLite disk? or download them?

2) Regarding services: Does eliminating unnecessary services (I currently disable about 20 which are enabled by default) result in a performance gain greater than that which would be achieved by simply disabling those services? And, can these services be installed later if they become necessary?

3) Can anybody direct me to a webpage or two which has clear, simple, and reliable descriptions of the various Windows components nLite can remove, what they do, and what relies on them? I already know about BlackViper for services, but a great many other components mystify me (what the hell does Dr Watson do, anyhow?). I'm hoping to avoid Googling every last one of 'em. But I'm determined to prune every unnecessary line of code I can from this installation.

All help is greatly appreciated...