Explain Nlite

nickie827

hello there,

first off all i'm new here and from holland my english isnt that good as it should be.

but i'll do my best :yes: so sorry if i wroth something wrong.

but now my prob. :unsure:

i want to make my own XP instal CD but when i go trough the instal/change menu i understand very much... :thumbup

even when i put the language in Dutch.

but the point where i get stuck is :no: , "Removing components" hardware, network, operating system options and services.

and for the "tweaks" only the services

Cause there so manny options :wacko: i dont know what everything does.

who can explain me Exactly what everything does?

it would help me alot when i know what what is.

if you know what i mean ;)

i hope can instal very soon my own instal :thumbup

grtz nick.

I doubt anyone is going to take the time to explain what every tweak and every component is. You're asking for too much. If you hover your mouse over a component it should give you a description on the upper right hand side. If you don't understand them, I suggest you leave them alone.

There is no rule that says you need to remove things from your OS. I remove only one thing when I use nLite.

Edited by -X-

okay maybe it is to much but if someone does it that person will help SO MANY people!

but it's true but not everything is explained alot off thing are not saying something...

if someone want's to explain it it would be pleased

nickie827, if you will place your mouse cursor over each Tweak or Component, most will show you some explanation. This will show on the right or bottom. In some cases you may need to actually select (click on it) the item to see the explanation. Some have none. Also on some pages there is help text. This is shown with a ? in a circle. Click on the ? mark and you see some more information. Here is a great site (Black Viper) describing Services. When you come up with a particular question, please return with a question. And -X- is absolutely correct saying to leave it alone if you do not understand it. Once removed, consider it gone, because it may be very difficult if not impossible to restore in a running system. Also, please consider a virtual system (VMware Server, VirtualPC , VirtualBox - all free) for testing. Then you can try anything and see what happens. Have fun, John.

well thanks for the tip!

that is not realy the way i expected but it suits for me ;)

and its not that i instal and dont have a back-up i have a differnt drive and instal it on that one

but i'll try virtualpc or virtualbox

vmware was to difficult to handle it in 2 sec :sneaky::lol:

greetz nick

ou should have decent knowledge of the OS you are working with in the first place. Noone is going to explain obvious things to you, sorry.

What's wrong with Blackviper's site is beyond me. That is EXACTLY the kind of resource you need.

P.S. Cut down on the smileys, it's killing my eyes.

you can find a general guide here http://www.nliteos.com/guides.html

maybe it will help. but really, if you don't understand something then don't remove it b/c it could cause some problems later on.

also, it could take a lot of trial and error before you understand most of the options. don't be discouraged if it does not work out perfect the first or second or third time.

• 2 weeks later...