Win 7 crackling sound Realtek possible fix

Junior2613

I'm not sure about this but It seems the new Win7 drivers from Realtek causes a lot of crackling. But I seems to have fixed my issue not by any magic but by installed old realtek drivers it seems R170 (v1.7) seems to stop the crackling at any bitrate :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure about this but It seems the new Win7 drivers from Realtek causes a lot of crackling. But I seems to have fixed my issue not by any magic but by installed old realtek drivers it seems R170 (v1.7) seems to stop the crackling at any bitrate :)

It looks like I'm having the same problem with the annoying crackling. Please could you give me a hint on how to get these old Realtek drives that you mention in your message? Thank you.

Thanks for your answer, Junior2613. Unfortunately, the drivers that worked for you aren't supported by my system. I found a very good improvement after installing the relatively old drives that came with my system plus the ATI HDMI Audio Device R2.29 from the Realtek site. This is not the ultimate solution as I keep hearing crackles from time to time, but they are now much more bearable. I hope that new Seven updates will fix this problem.