Can you activate over the weekend?

Alpaca Portrait

This might be a stupid question, but can anyone here verify if you can activate XP over the weekend or not? A friend's PC needs to be completely redone, so I'm going to reformat his HDD and reinstall the OS, etc. In the event that internet activation doesn't work I was wondering if phone activation was available over the weekend or just Monday-Friday?

Thanks. I know there are 30 days to activate, but she and I don't live in the same city, so I was hoping I could take care of everything while I was there and not leave it to her to do by herself.

Edited by Alpaca Portrait

You can phone activate 24/7/365 - I've personally called several times to activate around 11:00 p.m. local time; as well as called on a Sunday morning around 8:00 a.m. and spoken to a live person. If you call in to activate by phone, you don't automatically get routed to a live person - a computerized system asks you for the first part of the activation code, then gives you the second part to enter. If the first part of the code fails, then you go to a live person for activation.