nLite inconsistent poor date formats for sessions

skierpage

I restarted nLite and the Presets screen presented my old sessions.

Last Session (2009.07.14-15.32.24) '09/07/04-03:32:24

Loaded: Last Session (2009.07.24-15:32)

The first looks like a date range. The second looks like a USA YY/DD/MM format but isn't, and the time lacks a PM indicator. It's confusing the third is missing the seconds. Please just use the ISO8601 date format standard everywhere, it's universal and unambiguous world-wide

2009-07-14 15:32:24

Also, the Presets listed two sessions

Last Session (2009.07.14-15.32.24) '09/07/04-03:32:24

Last Session '09/07/04-04:21:52

I think nLite is showing me the last setup I created and the last time I ran the program, but it's confusing.

The format used is not ambiguous. The US typically uses MM/DD/YYYY, not the reverse as you have stated. Colons ( : ) cannot be used in file names, so decimal points ( . ) make sense for use in the time portion. I don't know why nuhi chose to also use decimal points for the date when hyphens ( - ) would have made more sense.

But I do not believe it's worth complaining about. At least the correct order is used: (YYYY.MM.DD-hh.mm.ss).

Edited by 5eraph

If you are going to report inconsistency, avoid making that much errors in the numbers you type, or using sentences like "It's confusing the third is missing the seconds".

My screen has 8 "last sessions" listed and everything is consistent. Years, months, days, hours, minutes and seconds. The missing "AM-PM" has been reported long ago.

For the "missing seconds", it is not confusing as the line you choosed (in case you've forgotten 1/2 a second later) is still highlited in the list when you see that.

As for your last sentence, I don't really get it. NLite will list all presets that were created each time you used the program to do anything else than integrate a Service Pack or burn an iso.