Windows PE 2.1 and the custom installation of Vista SP1

balubeto

HI

I have the Windows AIK 1.1 suite and the Vista SP1 DVD. How do I make this DVD (which should always start Windows PE 2.1 and, then, optionally, start Vista SP1 typing the <DVD-letter>:\setup.exe \unattend:X:\Autounattend.xml) with this suite?

THANKS

BYE

Edited by Tripredacus
Do not make multiple topics for the same thing

The answer is in the link I posted. Go there then click the following:

- Deployment Walkthroughs

- Walkthrough: Deploy Windows by Booting from a DVD

Sorry but I have gone here but I have not found the procedure of creating a single DVD, that contains Windows PE 2.1 and Windows Vista SP1, so that, when this DVD will be booted, Windows PE is always started and not the installation Vista SP1. Now, you understand?

THANKS

BYE

I know sometimes its hard to navigate TechNet.

You can further customize your answer file to include additional options. You can also build a DVD deployment media that contains the same content that you placed on the network share. A single deployment DVD provides a portable installation solution that requires no network or any additional resources. The process includes building a configuration set and recapturing all source files into a single DVD.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...053(WS.10).aspx

I know sometimes its hard to navigate TechNet.
You can further customize your answer file to include additional options. You can also build a DVD deployment media that contains the same content that you placed on the network share. A single deployment DVD provides a portable installation solution that requires no network or any additional resources. The process includes building a configuration set and recapturing all source files into a single DVD.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...053(WS.10).aspx

If I follow this guide to rename the boot.wim file of Windows PE 2.1 64-bit, I can create single DVD that contains Windows PE 2.1 64-bit and Vista SP1 64-bit? If so, how should I do to start, from the command prompt of Windows PE, a custom installation of Vista SP1 with an answer file in the Files_XML directory of the same DVD?

THANKS

BYE

Edited by balubeto