input string

Alex

Hi,

I simply installed clean vista sp2 home premium, installed all needed software and captured image with imagex (flags HOMEPREMIUM, wim name Windows Vista HOMEPREMIUM) Now, when I try to vlite it with vlite sp2 I get error "input string was not in a correct format". Can someone tell me why?

Thank You in advance,

Alex

Hi again,

I was too fast to celebrate.

Befor making full software install, I decided to check if capturing and vliting with thw same versin of imagex will work. I installed clean vista sp2 home premium and installed IE8. Captured image with imagex and tried to use vlite 1.2. And it worked, vlite loaded image.

So I decided to make full software install on clean sp2 installation, again captured with imagex version 6001.18000 but vlite 1.2 ended with input string error. Very weird... Why this could happen?

Even more strange is the fact that I can use vlite 1.1.6 on that image without a problem. WHY?

Thank You in advance for any sugestions,

Alex

Edited by Alex

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I used imagex from WAIK 1.0 to cature image and filter from WAIK 1.1 to mount it with vlite. I thought this is a problem, versions are diferent. But now I used imagex from WAIK 1.1 and wimfltr driver from the same WAIK 1.1 version. Testing and installing only IE8 on fresh vista sp2 worked, I could use vlite 1.2 to load captured image, but when I installed all software I need and captured image vlite 1.2 could not load the captured image complaining about invalid string. Weird thing is that this wim image can be loaded with vlite 1.1.6 Any ideas? Maybe I will try to use WAIK for win7 to capture image? Can it be thta vlite 1.2 will load that image?

Alex

Hi again,

Tried capturing with imagex from WAIK for windows 7. vLite 1.2 dies not load the image. Input string error... So it seems Sony soft changes something in wim high and low part.

<LOWPART>0x2B36B31F</LOWPART>

</CREATIONTIME>

<LASTMODIFICATIONTIME>

<HIGHPART>0x01C9F3F7</HIGHPART>

<LOWPART>0x2D283350</LOWPART>

...and I remember Nuhi once said that you need to adjust vlite to image to work. So this is dead end I guess.

Alex

ImageX from WAIK 1.0 is bad. This version has bugs.

If you have errors loading the fully captured image only integrate IE + Updates and install the Application the old-fashioned way with $OEM$.

Edited by MagicAndre1981