Xp freezes on boot

Filip0

I made a .iso with nlite of XP pro SP3 and added some programs and removing some components. When i tested is out in Virtual PC 2007 it freezes on the screen with the xp logo and the progress bar. First i tried a install with some uptades to xp and drives for my gpu and chipset. First i thought this caused the problem. I made a new without the drivers and updates and got the same problem.

Is this some error in Virtual PC or a error in my install iso? I dont want to risk installing a not working version of xp. The original CD i downloaded with SP3 and its the one im using now. Should this conflict with the nlite process with sp3 already being intergratet?

My computer does not suport Hardware Virtualization

I am grateful for any help

Filip0, are you using a valid, legal copy of Windows with a valid, legal key? Probably most DLed copies of Windows are illegal and often contain all kinds of bad stuff. If you will look at the forum rules (link at the top), you will see that the forum does not support warez - illegal SW. If you are using a legal of Windows, tell us where it came from and, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

I didnt have the windows cd so i downloaded a version but the Key is valid, does this make it an illegal version? I used tpb [LINK REMOVED]

The reason i dl with sp 3 is because it was the only one matching my key, Xp pro norwegian

Uploaded what i think is the Last Session.ini (From the iso i burned with nlite?) But in norwegian its called SISTE TRINN.INI

SISTE_TRINN.INI

Edited by gamehead200
Violation of rule 1.b. - User banned and torrent link removed.

Filip0, thanks for the link to your DL site. I am not a legal authority. Hopefully someone else will comment on that. There is also the problem of these types of DLs containing bad code, such as viruses, etc. You can still buy Windows XP, at least in English. XP Pro is about 130 USD and Home about 90 USD at Newegg.com. Your Last Session indicates you are integrating an SP. If the original CD contains SP3, you do not want to add it again. Please post a Windows Explorer screen shot of your original DLed source folder. Enjoy, John.

I tried the original file and it worked, maybe something in the unnatended setup f***s up everything. Do you think it is because of the service packs already being installed is the problem?

Filip0, I am sorry, I cannot answer your question about changing languages or using your key on an English one. If you have an English version, give it a try and see if it will accept your key. NLite's Unattended section allows you to specify the language (see attached). Give it a try on your VPC. The only suggestion I have on getting a copy of Widows, is to call Microsoft and tell them of your dilemma and asked what your options are. I assume you have exhausted Google, etc searching for an answer. Enjoy, John.

I made a new iso where i removed the unnatended setup. When i get to the final stage of the install it gives me a error and reboots. Error says

Not enough virtual memory available or to small alternating file to complete the task(My own translation since it was in norwegian)

I had the virtual ram set to 512 but increased it to 1024 after this but still got the error.

post-248103-1245770024_thumb.jpg

Filip0, I run 512 MB on my VMware VM and have no problem. You can probably run with 256 MB. What is the size of the hard drive partition you are installing on? I am using 6 GB. Enjoy, John.

I had it to 30 gb, but i made a new virtual pc and raised it to the default value, 60gb. Ill try and get my hands on a stock cd without fixes and see how it goes. If i cant il try to burn a iso and if it doesn't work ill just use the cd i have now.