nLite 1.4.9.1 fails to build ISO with Autopatcher in OEM

basrijn

Hello,

After a few months, I'm rebuilding my custom XP. Downloaded the latest nLite. Downloaded and ran autopatcher that is use to apply all XP patches without internet connection.

When I build the ISO with autopatcher in thne $OEM$/$1 directory, the build hangs (with all directories). When I remove the bin directory. The build no longer hangs but ends in "unable to build image"

- Is there any logfiles that I can check

- Have other people run into the same issue

- Have other people build ISO's with this combination without issues

Build is done on a fully up to date XP machine

Bas

basrijn, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. I am aware of no log files. Enjoy, John.

basrijn, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. I am aware of no log files. Enjoy, John.

Hi,

If I remove the auto patch directories it builds without issues. It's a fresh install

Attached the session.ini

LAST_SESSION.INI

basrijn, your Last Session is simple enough and I see no problem there. I have not used AutoPatcher and know nothing about it. I went to the AP web site and looked around and could find nothing referencing nLite or unattended. I would like to see a Windows Explorer screen shot of all the files/folders in your $OEM$ folder. What do you mean by?

the build hangs (with all directories).
What does putting AP into the $OEM$\$1 directory mean? Are you just putting the AP files that it DLed into the folder so they will appear in the root of your installed system? Have you provided a way for the actual updating to take place during the running of nLite? As you can see, I am starting from scratch with AP. When nLite 'hangs' what does the Task Manager show is running - lots of CPU, etc? I hope I can help while I am learning. Enjoy, John.

Downloaded the latest nLite. Downloaded and ran autopatcher that is use to apply all XP patches without internet connection.

It makes a lot more sense to integrate SP3 and a post-SP3 update pack, like RyanVM's, Red's, OnePiece or Xable's. Your source will be up to date from scratch, install much faster, is much smaller in size, and it eliminates the need to apply any patches afterwards. ;)

Edited by beats

Downloaded the latest nLite. Downloaded and ran autopatcher that is use to apply all XP patches without internet connection.

It makes a lot more sense to integrate SP3 and a post-SP3 update pack, like RyanVM's, Red's, OnePiece or Xable's. Your source will be up to date from scratch, install much faster, is much smaller in size, and it eliminates the need to apply any patches afterwards. ;)

Didn't know that was possible. Makes a lot of sense in this case! The patched XP is installing now :)

Hartelijk dank!

Bas