Symantec endpoint protection

---I uniextract the exe and run the following from the runonce against the .msi

%path%\Symantec AntiVirus.msi /qn RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

---and next install the newest definitions

%path%\symcdefsx86.exe /Q

Thanks, but can you tell me where i can get the newest definitions file? :)

http://www.symantec.com/business/security_...l.jsp?gid=savce

Is that the right one?

Edited by Raoul90

coucou I tried your solution it didn't work out. I got an error saying "1155 : C:\Temp\Symantec AntiVirus.msi was not found".

iamkey I want to try your solution but I dont seem to get how to write it in the Nlite cmd file

REG ADD %REGKEY%\001 /v 1 /D "net stop msiserver" /f

What is the wildcard to edit?

How do I reflect the key and value that follow my symantec install?

Where do I start counting to refer to the item ? Sorry I have never done a registry addition so I don't really how this works. :unsure:

So please can you help in explaining ?

What do you mean by If that succeeds, then start working backwards to remove them?

Edited by timecatcher_3

iamkey thank you for the link I do get the procedure. I thought it was useless keeping gaps in the 3 digit numbers, 010 and 015, by the way those numbers are customizable i mean just simply having them numerically ordered ? This process is useful, but having all addons and everything in svcpack feels more unattended because everything gets installed by the time xp's installation is over . It is always handy when some applications don't end up getting installed during the xp installation process.

coucou Sry your process does work, I had renamed the Symantec AntiVirus.msi before that is why I was getting an error. Thanks for the help I was wondering if there could be a similar process for Office 2007 and Deep Freeze 5 Enterprise. I did make an attempt at Office 2007. First, I used the office customization tool to make office 2007 unattended then I made a sfx archive for office 2007, using Quick Install Maker. Eventually, I used the Virtuel's Add-on Maker 2.0 beta to make it into a .cab file. I made an initial test by running it on an installed xp system and after 8 minutes it was installed unattended (no GUI) and there was Microsoft Office in the Start Menu :thumbup . But I did notice that it took to long to get a hang of the windows installer. I think that is the reason why it didn`t work when I actually put it on my nlite cd and tested it.

Nlite Test:

1. During XP installation, the Office window pops up for a second saying `Wait while preparing setup files for installation process` which means the Office installation is about to begin. This also happened when I initially tested it on an installed xp system.

2. Then, according to the initial test, the process should take about 8 minutes and that happens.

3. After XP`s installation is over it restarts as usual.

4. But ,after the reboot, when I check the Start Menu there is no Office 2007 folder and then, out of curiosity, I checked program files and there was no office folder :huh: .

That doesn`t make sense the whole process carries out but eventually there is no office. So any clue what went wrong :unsure: . I hope I was clear at describing the process I carried out. :rolleyes:

Edited by timecatcher_3

coucou Sry your process does work, I had renamed the Symantec AntiVirus.msi before that is why I was getting an error. Thanks for the help I was wondering if there could be a similar process for Office 2007 and Deep Freeze 5 Enterprise.

Glad to hear my proccess works :thumbup . I'm working with this process for a long time. I'm sure that it should works with software using setup.exe + xxx.ini xxx.and msi files. Indeed, I've tested it working with all Cyberlink softwares.

Regarding Office 2007, I'm still using Office 2003.

I've Slipstremed Office 2003 by shrinking it first with Super guide with a detailed of Office 2K3 Shrinking then I used Office Integrator. Office Integrator can be used by Office 2007 too.

Good luck

coucou

I thought it was useless keeping gaps in the 3 digit numbers, 010 and 015, by the way those numbers are customizable i mean just simply having them numerically ordered?

Yes they run in order so 001 /v 1
001 /v 2
001 /v 3
would run prior to: 002 /v 1
002 /v 2
002 /v 3
also: 003 /v 1
003 /v 11 <-- 11 and 12 would run before 2 because it does not order values numerically, So indeed there would be a
003 /v 12 <-- workaround if you needed to reorder, and did not leave spaces, that would not require an overhaul.
003 / 2
003 / 3

I believe it recommends to keep gaps that way if you find there is a hiccup and you need to drop a 'net stop msiserver' or 'shutdown -r -t 0' or a fake ping wait, or install a forgotten dependency, you dont have to reorder the whole thing. My customers are undoubtedly afk during the process, so feeling unattended is subjective. I suppose the only advantage I have is that if I want to install a 'clean' XP box (nothing in add remove except the 1.1 framework i install at T -13), I can do so with the very same disc by killing the runonceex and then deleting the contents of the key in the registry.

Edited by iamtheky