Vista Service Pack Updates + Security + Hotfixes

Guest spideray

Guest spideray

Vista Guys,

I have copied my own list for Vista updates after I big problem I had with a mates Laptop not letting my install SP2 via the patch DVD I have also included the official list from Microsoft.

6002.18005.090410-1830_iso_update_sp_wave0-RTMSP2.0_DVD.iso

It has the updates shown in KB order and Update order making it easier to see the changes, unlike Windows XP where you install the SP3 it will show all the updates and not remove older ones included in the new SP, go figure ?

The problem I had was solved by first installing system readiness tool it installs and solved my problem it holds at 60% as it does a scan and replace routine the log file is stored for you to check in the C:\%SYSTEMROOT%\LOGS\CBS\folder

Windows6.0-KB947821-v4-x86_April.09.msu

What is the System Update Readiness Tool?

--------------------------------------------------

System resources, such as file data, registry data, and even in-memory data, can develop inconsistencies during the lifetime of

the operating system. These inconsistencies might be caused by various hardware failures or might be caused by software issues.

In some cases, these inconsistencies can affect the Windows servicing store, and they can cause software updates not to work.

The System Update Readiness Tool tries to resolve these inconsistencies.

What does the System Update Readiness Tool do?

----------------------------------------------------------

The System Update Readiness Tool verifies the integrity of the following resources:

* Files that are located under the following directories:

o %SYSTEMROOT%\Servicing\Packages

o %SYSTEMROOT%\WinSxS\Manifests

* Registry data that is located under the following registry subkeys:

o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Components

o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Schema

o HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing

Note This list may be updated at any time.

When the System Update Readiness Tool detects incorrect manifests, files, or registry data, it might replace the incorrect data

with a corrected version

Update information

----------------------

After you download the System Update Readiness Tool, it runs a onetime scan for inconsistencies that might prevent future

servicing operations. This scan typically takes less than 15 minutes to run. However, the tool might take significantly longer

on some computers.

The Windows Update progress bar is not updated during the scan, and progress seems to stop at 60% complete for

some time. This behavior is expected. The scan is still running and you should not cancel the update.

Logging

-------

The System Update Readiness Tool creates a log file that captures any issues that the tool found or fixed. The log file is located at the following location:

* %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

* %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

SpideRaY

P.S. Contact me if you need my Rapidshare links to these files !!!

SP2.zip

WS08_Vista_SP2_RTM_KBList.zip