Different Drive for Hard Drive Installation

start i386\winnt32.exe /noreboot /unattend:winnt.sif

Alright, so I run this when I'm wanting to create the ability to install XP from the hard drive rather than my CD's. What I want to know is if there's a switch I can use that'll tell the setup that I want to choose where windows will install, because in the winnt.sif file that generates, there's a line that says:

InstallDir="\WINDOWS"

My dilemna is that I have a hard drive with 2 partitions. My second partition is only 5 gb's, and that's where I put all the setup stuff. But windows always tends to install on that partition, and I can't seem to choose where to install windows. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Hopefully someone can point out what I'm doing wrong.

Go here and browse around (on left in Reference->WINNT.SIF) -

http://www.unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

HTH

edit - Also look at "winnt32.exe /h" from a command line. There's a couple of parameters you may find useful (particularly "syspart"). And I assume you're running the command from a 32-bit PE environment (wint32.exe), otherwise... (when/where are you running the START command from)?

Edited by submix8c

That's actually a kind of a copy-paste thing. I don't use 'start' since I'm in a normal windows enviroment setting this up.

So, I'm going to assume that having AutoPartition=0 is going to have me choose where I can install windows. If that's true, does the syspart switch matter at all since the setup is starting on a different partition anyway?