Black Screen

billybag

I am back. Google wasn't my friend in this case, so here we go.

Everything seemed to have gone fine. I used vlite to create my vista and then used OSCDIMG to create the iso. To test everything before installing, i am using Virtual Box. I had to mount the iso and have virtual box boot from that drive instead of booting from the iso because i got an error that way.

The installation goes smoothly until i get to the "completing installation" process. After remaining on this process for a long time, maybe and hour, the screen then just turns black. I can move my cursor around and that is it. It stays like that and never leaves. It has been on the black screen for many many hours. I left it running while i slept over night since i remember the finalizing installation process can take some time usually.

Anyway. Any ideas?

When i force a restart, i get this upon booting up:

WIn dows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."

3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you have no disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\hal.dll

Info: Windows failed to load because the HAL is missing, or corrupt.

Is this due to my iso or maybe just virtual box? Thank you very much in advance. This forum has been a wonderful help thus far.

I tried actually installing it this time, not virtually. Same problem. I don't know what causes it at all. I have made a few CDs doing different things and they all had the same problem. :(