Power DVD 6 & Roxio ECDC6

tusk

Hi everyone, long time reader, 1st time poster!

Anyway, I have been tryin to get PowerDVD6 & Roxio ECDC6 to do complete silent installs & have hit a brick wall!

What i want to do is have it so they install, no questions asked (inc keys) The tutorial for ECDC6 using orca worked, but now doesnt. i know why, but cant find it! basically yesterday i found a post that had some instructions for editing the MSI file, which i did & when i read on there was an additional post that was titled "FYI", with some additional bits to remove from the MSI. I accidently deleted the msi i was working on (also from recylce bin!) & now i cant that post! i've spent all day looking @ every ECDC6 refference! HELP!!

As for PowerDVD6 i cant seem to get the unattended installation instructions (listed here - http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...mp;hl=powerdvd) to work! again, HELP!!

Thanks in advance!

I don't have that installer, but you can try this:

Open again that msi file in Microsoft Orca and search for that error (use CTRL+F). Delete (drop row lines) and try again. Don't forget to backup a copy of msi file somewhere first.

after re-editin the .msi i now get

"error 1606. could not access network location photosuite"

Installed twice. First without switches (was OK). Then uninstall (without errors) and install with /qb! switch which generate that message "error 1606. could not access network location photosuite".

I didn't use the next modification on msi file:

TABLE					  PROPERTY								  VALUE
Condition varies change YES to NO to not install

IcemanND's instructions is OK.

Edited by radix

well i managed to get roxio to install!

i had left the switches in my script :unsure: & also moved it to the end of the script, before IE8 installs. one of the errors was about not enough temp space, so after IE8 runs, my system reboots, then starts roxio & it worked!

i've got power dvd working, but wont put the product key in by itself! help!