Sick & Tired of Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger

morland

I'm using XP Pro and it has been a very long time since I uninstalled Visual Studio.

Every now and then, I get a dialog box (shown in the attached image) and I am really sick and tired of it. Can someone help get get out of this miserable situation. My related questions are:

1) How can I remove/uninstall this Just-In-Time Debugger?

2) Would there be any need to have some other "Debugger" installed

Thanks

post-131769-1242889732_thumb.jpg

To enable/disable Just-In-Time debugging

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
  2. In the Options dialog box, select the Debugging folder.
  3. In the Debugging folder, select the Just-In-Time page.
  4. In the Enable Just-In-Time debugging of these types of code box, select or clear the relevant program types: Managed, Native, or Script.
    To disable Just-In-Time debugging, once it has been enabled, you must be running with Administrator privileges. Enabling Just-In-Time debugging sets a registry key, and Administrator privileges are required to change that key.
  5. Click OK.

Source

Thanks for the reply but which Tools Menu option etc are you referring to ???? I have already mentioned that I uninstalled Visual Studio way back. Maybe I'm missing something. Can you kindly clarify.

BTW:

After posting the above I did some research and have ended up doing 2 things. Not sure if I did the right thing or not but was so frustrated that I decided to give it a try. I guess I'll find out soon if the following have permanently taken care of the problem:

1) Set the value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script\Settings\JITDebug to 1

2) Start | Run | Cmd | Typed drwtsn32 -i (and pressed enter)

Maybe too early to say anything, but have not seen that annoying JIT Debugger dialog box for the last 12+ hours.