Vlite crash My Computer Every time

rocketero

Ok, this is what I got so far:

I downloaded vLite 1.2 RC, then installed it, tried to open it and it said I needed WAIK even that already was installed on my XP Pro SP2. So I copied some files from WAIK folder to the VLite root folder (wimgapi.dll and 2 others), and after that Vlite opened it.

Then I pointed to where the Folder with Vista installation files where (this is a Vista SP1 Integrated). and suddenly after a message that says "LOADING", It reboots my PC, I tried 3 times and every time the same, the error code is 24 witch I read over the net has to do with memory but this is not the case, my pc memory is fine.

any suggestions are appreciated.

That error has nothing to do with memory:

Bug Check 0x24: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
The NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM bug check has a value of 0x00000024. This indicates a problem occurred in ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives.

Parameters
The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.

Parameter Description
1 Specifies source file and line number information. The high 16 bits (the first four hexadecimal digits after the "0x") identify the source file by its identifier number. The low 16 bits identify the source line in the file where the bug check occurred.
2 If NtfsExceptionFilter is on the stack, this parameter specifies the address of the exception record.
3 If NtfsExceptionFilter is on the stack, this parameter specifies the address of the context record.
4 Reserved

Cause
One possible cause of this bug check is disk corruption. Corruption in the NTFS file system or bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk can induce this error. Corrupted SCSI and IDE drivers can also adversely affect the system's ability to read and write to disk, thus causing the error.

Another possible cause is depletion of nonpaged pool memory. If the nonpaged pool memory is completely depleted, this error can stop the system. However, during the indexing process, if the amount of available nonpaged pool memory is very low, another kernel-mode driver requiring nonpaged pool memory can also trigger this error.

If you're getting a bugcheck, configure your box for a complete memory dump, and the next time it bugchecks you'll have a memory.dmp file that we can look at to see what's happening for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just started to attempt to use vlite and this has happened to me 3 times in a row.

4GB of memory using Win XP Pro SP2

I copied the vista files to a folder on one of my drives and it happened as soon as I selected the image to configure. I was running Firefox with a lot of tabs open so after the reboot I tried again with vlite alone and it happened once again.

The drive has some problems so I copied the Vista files to a brand new drive and tried again, with the same problem.

I have check disked my system partition and the new drive which now stores the Vista files.

So it's not the memory, it's not the drive and I don't experience it with any other program, only vlite. My Anti Virus is disabled and was for every attempt and so was my firewall, all but the basic net connection. I have also removed my network cable and turned off my firewall to be sure. Same result.

It does seem to only be experienced by people using Win XP

STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902fe, 0xbd9db3e0, 0xdb9db0dc, 0xf5964736 )

NTFS.SYS address f5964736 base at f5964000 date stamp 480db32e

Edited by RedDwarf

• 2 weeks later...

My box also reboots but i'm able to set the directory.

Then i get the selection box where i have to select the version of vista , just when i click the right one

my machine reboots right away.

The system log also shows the infamous 0x0000024 error.

Checked out the filesystem and ran without anti-virus , both with the same result :no: