Open/save dialog modification

I do wonder, if it is possible to add custom paths there:

fu0tut.jpg

I would like to have a link to Documents right up there. I looked inside of the comdlg32.dll and looking in ResHacker at the dialogs 1547 and 1552. It make me wonder, where the list of the paths come in. I wonder if the list of the devices or paths aren't the WS_SYSMENU and from that it might get striped down to WS_CHILD - witch are these things (okay, paths) that display in the end.

I saw no way to modify that, tough. Perhaps someone enlighten me and direct me to the proper DLL to edit/change/tweak?

PS: I find this by Google: http://www.liutilities.com/products/regist...y/tweaks/10668/

But I don't know it it works with the places disabled (TweakUI) on the requester. Maybe it should, but I don't know. Also I desperately missing an example how to specify EXACTLY the path. Perhaps something like:

%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\

Would be the best bet, but trying things like:

<C:>

or

<D:\Documents>

Does not work. Help?

value "Path of the User Defined Folder" (Base Hexadecimal) without quotation in the text box

Quotation is fine, but do these <> should stay?

Edited by caps_buster

Yep, anything I enter there looks like are for the places only. That suxx...

What version of Windows 2000 are you running, so you get the Documents there, even not in desired position?

Infos about registry modifications of the places bar are there: http://www.auxtools.com/placesbar.html

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\comdlg32\Placesbar]

"Place0"=dword:00000011; My Computer
"Place1"=dword:00000005; My Documents
"Place2"="D:\Music"
"Place3"="C:\Sites"
"Place4"="C:\Temp"

(for paths it is string (REG_SZ) and you must enter full path, of couse)

Sadly, that is now what I want... any help?

Edited by caps_buster

First step would be something like this to create your shell folder (warning: I haven't tested it whether it's actually working, just googled it).

For "My Documents" you discard the above and just use {450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}. ;)

Then another challenge is how to inject it in the place you want; sadly, I have no idea how. :(

GL