nLite unattend settings not working

MrRaines

Hmm that MS article doesn't seem to be exactly relevant, as it says that the VLK is not accepted, when my key is accepted with no problems (albeit after being typed in manually).

However I'll try it under XP and see what happens.

Thanks agian.

MrRaines, you can also not slip an SP and do that after you install. If you were running a virtual system you could install XP and run nLite under that to create your ISO. I think nLite uses the Windows command line slipstream for SPs, so it is really no different. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: You caught me with your reply. I assumed g-force's link led to the MS article that said specifically that slipstreaming an XP SP under Vista does not work. If you search MS KBs, you will find it. John.

Edited by johnhc

MrRaines, you can also not slip an SP and do that after you install.

Can you rephrase that? I don't understand what you are getting at.

In any case I started from scratch under XP:

Extracted the flat files from a VLK-SP0 ISO

Integrated SP3 using MS command line method

Used nLite to insert key and adjust other unattended options, and integrate latest RyanVM post-SP3 update pack

Constructed a new ISO

Just tested the resulting build in VMWare and it works! No key prompt....and the update pack seems to have worked too, less post-install updates in the list.

I guess I just had a while in between builds and it didn't click that I'd switched to Vista as my main OS in between.

Thanks all for your input.

MrRaines, I was simply saying that you could use Vista and nLite as long as you did not slipstream an SP. Others with source problems have had to do this. Then you just install the SP after you install your ISO. Glad you are running and you are welcome. Enjoy, John

MrRaines, you cannot run nLite under Vista to create an XP ISO. Under certain circumstances this may work but not slipstreaming an SP. Your Last Session does not show integrating an SP. This increases my suspicion that you have run nLite more than once. Other than that, your Last Session looks fine. Enjoy, John.

I am running Vista Business 64bit and have just discovered nlite (very nice). I have already used it several times running from my Vista install. I had no problems slipping SP3 into the mix. XP Pro with SP2 was the original disc used.

ISO was created and burnt with no problems. Installed on machine with no problems.

Am I misunderstanding something relating to not being able to slip a SP for XP into the process running from Vista?