How to password your cdshell multiboot

Jadestar

CDshell's manual was vague about creating a password on your cdshell menu so after a few wrecked discs, i found the method quite easy once you know what you're doing.

Here is the simpliest way to do it.

Append the code into your cdshell.ini

-------------------------------------------------

pass:

print "Enter password"

set password = ""

build_string:

getkey

if $lastKey == key[enter]; then goto done

set password = "$(password)$lastChar"

goto build_string

done:

set password_hash = "MD5 Converted String"

set MD5 = "$password"

if icompare["$password_hash" "$MD5"]

then print "Password match!"

then goto menu

else print "Invalid password!"

else wait 5

else boot 0x80

------------------------------------------

So to keep things simple, I put this script right under the part in your menu that basically goes "press enter to boot from dvd" but instead of that command going to menu, it goes to pass

You'll see here that if the password matches, it then goes to menu but if the password is wrong, it displays invalid password, waits 5 seconds and then boots to the first harddrive.

Really simple stuff. All you need to do is put in your md5 converted password into the string above "set password_hash =" . Go to google and lookup string to md5 converter and put the result in between the quotes.

Again, really easy stuff but I found it difficult on how to get started and burned through 3 discs to get it working so hopefully this saves someone the time.

One last note, if you need to change the variable $password for any reason, make sure you change every reference to password in the script and it should work fine.