[solved]Windows Xp not loading integrated sata drivers

LM2007

Some time ago i did a good slim version with integrated sata drivers but now i don't remember what i did and i'm trying to do a good windows copy. My sata chipset is SiS 180 as device manager shows right now. I downloaded this package http://www.sis.com/download/ (you have to check manually Windows XP-->SATA & RAID-->SATA & RAID--> and "GO" for download.

That package comes with a lot of folders. I used the one named floppy image which contains an TXTSETUP.OEM file. Can someone guide me on what to do? what files is the one i need to integrate or put what file in what folder. The image was integrated with SP3, the cd booted well but after files of setup was loading i got a "sisraid.sys not found".

I created the image with the Unnatended mode - prompt repair

My motherboard is P4S800D-X

Config2009.ini

Edited by LM2007

LM2007, what does your title mean? Setup cannot find your HDD? I DLed your drivers. Did you move the txtsetup.oem file into the driver folder and point nLite to the .inf there? Enjoy, John.

I moved txtsetup.oem file to

raid411a\RAID411a\FloppyImage\964plus180(181)\RAID\180\winxp <----in the winxp folder

what i did was "single driver" and browse in that folder.

The a list of drivers came up (text mode)

ranging from 32 bits to 64 bits. I picked windows xp 32b driver. Should i use the folder 964_180 or the 964plus180(181) ??

can you tell me step by step what to do. If you need a screen picture of the list of drivers i mean i can take one.

The message i got was "sisraid.sys not found" or something similar but i'm sure was about an sisraid.sys file.

Edited by LM2007

LM2007, since I DLed your drivers, I don't need any screen shots.

Should i use the folder 964_180 or the 964plus180(181) ??
I can't answer this question. I assume it depends on the HW you have. Do you have a 180 or 180plus?
The message i got was "sisraid.sys not found" or something similar but i'm sure was about an sisraid.sys file.
Could it have been simply SISRAID, with no extension? This file exists in the SiS\RAID411a\FloppyImage\964_180 folder but not in the RAID folder. Try moving it into the RAID folder along with the txtsetup.oem file. If you open it with notepad you will see it contains the line SiSRaid. When you run again, please take a screen shot of the error message and post it. I think we are sneaking up on it. Have fun, John.

I moved it to the raid folder and it worked exellent now, both in virtual pc and regular pc. The mistake was that i thought the sisraid.sys (in lower case) was the same file that was outside the Raid folder (in upper case) but i did what you told me moving it to the the raid folder.

And or forgot that virtual pc existed (dumb of me) and was using a cd-rw media to test every windows xp image,

LM2007, great! I said I thought we were sneaking up on it. Please remember that a virtual system cannot check drivers. It uses its own drivers to interface with your host OS. Super! Thanks for the report. Fun now, John.