the PE ramdisk entry is not being removed after MDT LTI build and capt

Hello,

using MDT to do unattended install... my build and capture task sequence runs fine, which performs an unattended install using answer file, then runs sysprep and captures a wim image. The problem is that when its done, the reference machine (and any machine you deploy this wim image to) is left with the "ramdisk device options" boot entry in the BCD... and its the default so this breaks everything when trying to deploy this wim image with MDT.

using bcdedit to remove the entry works but I need to fix the real problem... mdt should be removing this. The wim image created by mdt is 'broken' in this state because you can't automate the deployment of it when it doesn't automatically boot into the appropriate OS.

this is killing me :wacko: . The only thing I found googling is a different issue related to using non-english versions of the OS, which I'm not using.

someone? anyone?

I still have found nothing, and gotten no info from posts on a few other forums... looks like this is not happening to many people... yeah! I'm special :thumbup

I about to try on a completely different server to see if it still occurs... I mean a different MDT server, and a different target server. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

thanks.