vlite 1.2 iso splits and the file size they create

mikesw

I split a 4.1 gig VISTA SP1 distro into the default 700 mb size specified by vlite v1.2. It said the count would be 10

but only 8 files were created. Moreover, the first file is a little bit greater than 700 mb (I guess due to the

powers of 2). However, the remaining 7 iso files created were only one-half of the 700 mb filesize (345 mb) which

contained one swm file of this size each.

Why isn't the count vlite states matching the number of files? Moreover, when I specified 700 mb, why are 345 MB files

being created which requires more CD's instead of just 3-4 disks?

I used ISOBUSTER v2.5 to view each of these ISO's. I'm wondering why the iso filesystem contains anything

other than the boot file, and the 2nd filesystem is joilet instead of UDF? This doesn't matter if I look at the single DVD

that contains the patched OS with SP1 or each of the split CD versions. I thought ISO and Joilet had a limitation

of 2 Gigs, thus requiring the UDF format. I see each of the filesystems that Vlite creates can record an install.wim

file greater than the 2 GIG limit.

Is there a place that I can change the commandline options to the make iso program vlite uses and is the program

cdimage or oscdimg.exe since the later file can be gotten from WAIK SP1 when it is installed. I thought oscdimg.exe

has an upper limit of 4 gigs, although Ultraiso says it can create file sizes as big as 2 Terabytes.

:blink: