vLite Sp1 still not allowing upgrade button

jag.2005

Hi, everyone. I'm new and I've spent a day or two searching for an answer on this and I just can't find it so excuse me if you think this has been answered already. I've looked but maybe didn't find the solution. I simply want to upgrade from Vista Home Basic to Ultimate x86. I just purchased my system and it came preconfigured with Home Basic SP1. I already owned an RTM version of Ultimate but it was a pre-SP1 version.

I've successfully slipstreamed SP1 into Ultimate. I've created a bootable DVD from my vLite image but I still cannot get the Upgrade option to be activated when running setup.exe. It does the same thing it did pre-SP1, it greys out the Upgrade option and tells me that Upgrade is unavailable because the version of Vista that I have is newer than the one that I'm trying to use (ie. vLite slipstreamed Ultimate SP1).

My question is really simple. If I need to include more upgrades on top of SP1 in order to make the Upgrade button appear when I run the disk, would someone please tell me which one's you think I should include in my slipstreamed disk in order to make the Upgrade option become active. I can see all of the upgrades that have been applied to my Vista Basic o/s but do I need to install all of them to make vLite work? I know that I can uninstall some of them but not sure what impact this will have on my system.

I really could use someone's thoughtful explanation to walk me through the steps that I'm missing. By the way, I had no problem creating an image. vLite is awesome. I just need to get over this upgrade issue. Please understand that I do not want to create a fresh install. If I wanted that, I would have installed using my RTM Ultimate disk and not wasting your time here.

Thanks everyone,

James