XP SP3 nLited asks for EULA at TXT and GUI installation

sidefx88

Hi!

I slipstreamed SP3 (spanish) on a Windows XP SP2 Spanish (retail).

Everything works fine, but my installation is not really "unattended"...

At the TXT part of the installation, I have to press "F8" to continue. This is not really disturbing, but it would be nice to avoid this step.

The same happens in the GUI part of the installation (just before the 'Installing devices', at '37 minutes remaining')

A popup window shows up with the EULA, and AGAIN I have to press OK, to agree and continue.

The type of installation I choose in nLite is "Prompt for repair" and the option "Skip OOBE" is enabled. I've tried before "Full unattended" mode and the same happens.

(last session.ini file is attached on this post)

Some tip or trick to avoid this?

Thanks in advance! :hello:

Ultima_Sesi_n.ini

sidefx88, I suspect the real problem is the fact that you are running nLite under Vista making an XP ISO. People seem to report various degrees of success and failure with Vista/XP. Can you run under XP? If not, you might try running nLite.exe in SP2 XP Compatibility mode. If you will look at the help (? in a circle) next to the Unattended Mode on the General page of Unattended, you will see that using Prompt Repair will disable some unattended features. I think as long as you use it, you will have to answer some questions. Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Thanks for the Last Session. Enjoy, John.

Yes, I'm working under Windows Vista SP1...

I will do the whole thing on my laptop (which has Windows XP SP3).

Also, I will try the compatibility mode (Windows XP SP2) for the nLite exe.

Thanks!

I've just tried again under Vista with nLite.exe in compatibility mode (XP SP2) and the same happens...

The only difference is that before, the EULA text wasn't show properly (just three characters appears "ÿT$". Now the EULA shows the text properly.

Anyway, thanks for your advice, I will try under Windows XP SP3 on my laptop and share my results.

Bye