*closed* Cant save file in IE7, only run

ceez

hello everyone,

having a curious problem that started today. nothing has changed, running xpsp3 with ie7, no win updates performed this week.

whenever I click on a link to download I'll get the window prompting to run or save. if I click on save the save window freezes and the windo turns white. I have to end task and it takes a few seconds before it actually goes away.

instead of I click on run the download begins.

is the browser stuck on some sort of temp folder?!?!

this is a weird one.

thanks for reading!

ceez

:thumbup

Edited by ceez

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, sorry for the late reply but figure i would let you know how i fixed it. Apparently if I left the window alone for a long time the save location window would come up to %userprofile%. Odd cause I never save anything directly to there, usually to my desktop and then I move.

I remembered that I had cleaned out some folders from my desktop the day before. I recreted one of the folders which I remembered and knew I was d/ling stuff onto. At first it still froze but after a reboot the save as dialog window came up pointing into that folder that I previously deleted. I changed it to my desktop and it's working fine. I know this is not a common issue and windows should be able to save wherever but I believe that system created some sort of "memory" in regards to the location of the save as folder.

in regards to getting the dump information, I tried following your post on how to get it, but honestly I think I could not get it to work correctly or something. Either way, it's good info and will try it sometime to get it right.

thanks again,

ceez

:thumbup