Problem Integrating SiS 1184 Sata Drivers into nlite

makavelli

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate the SiS 1184/1185 AHCI/RAID Controller drivers into my Windows XP SP3 CD using nlite.

The driver is displayed in the integrate drivers section of nlite as the correct driver, yet when I burn the bootable iso image to a CD and try to install Windows XP, the SATA Drive is not found.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Any help/pointers would be most welcomed.

Thanks,

Mak

makavelli, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Do you have your BIOS setup properly for your controller/drives/RAID? Enjoy, John.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I have attached the Last Session.ini as requested.

I have Windows XP with SP3 on CD and therefore do not need to integrate SP3 into my build.

All I am trying to do is to integrate the SiS 1184/1185 AHCI/RAID Controller drivers.

Thanks for your help.

Mak

Last_Session.ini

makavelli, those drivers are not text mode drivers. If you will post a link to your driver DL page, I'll see if I can find the correct one. Please, when you find a solution, post it here so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

makavelli, I went to the SiS site and DLed the drivers and extracted them. You need to get the text mode drivers from the FloppyImage folder. I don't know which chip set you have, so could not go any farther. Text mode drivers are used at the first part of setup (install) which is called text mode since there is no GUI. The distinguishing feature of text mode drivers is the TXTSETUP.OEM file. You will need to move this file into the appropriate folder for you set and point nLite to the .inf file there. Enjoy, John.

Hi John, Newsposter,

Thanks for your replies.

I managed to get the drivers integrated by adding the specific .sys files into the \i386 folder and after creating the iso image, I was able to see the SATA drive.

Thanks.

Mak