Slow boot time

x-Shadow-x

Well I just loaded Windows 7 on a couple of days ago, and it has a really slow boot (5-7min). So I enabled boot log. There are a few errors that come up.

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS (says it four times)
Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys

I also had

Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys

But im in the middle of reinstalling the videocard driver as I type. So vga.sys isnt the problem because it is out of my system. So it has to be one of the two above.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by x-Shadow-x

Ok, I did that. Now when im opening the log file it gives me this.

34e428l.jpg

Should I just click add, or do I have to put something in the boxes? I dont want to waste an hour+ for it to do its thing (if necessary).

Edited by x-Shadow-x

I click ok, and I let it run for an hour, and the percent bar is at 0, time left says 300hours. I dont think that is right. Maybe im opening the wrong file? So I booted up Processmon it asked me if I wanted to open a log file. I went to the Windows dir, there wasnt a file there. So I exited out. Then went to file open and went to the windows dir and there the file was (In a PMB not PML format). Where would the PML file be?

Here's what to do - open Process Monitor, enable Boot Logging, and reboot. When you come back up, open Process Monitor, get the prompt, and save out the log file (that's what it was asking you). Then you'll have a .pml file you can open up in Process Monitor to view what happened from kernel load to the time you saved the log.

Oh wow, I did not see the 'Save' text in the window. :rolleyes:

Now im looking through the log, and I found one spot goes from 11.06.26 to 11.07.21 then to 11.08.15. Hard to explain. If you want me to upload it, ask.

Or did you have something else in mind?

Edited by x-Shadow-x

Oh wow, I did not see the 'Save' text in the window. :rolleyes:

Now im looking through the log, and I found one spot goes from 11.06.26 to 11.07.21 then to 11.08.15. Hard to explain. If you want me to upload it, ask.

Or did you have something else in mind?

Well, what specifically is happening during this long delay?

Very interesting - umbus.sys is the UserMode Bus enumerator, and it does what it sounds like it does - it enumerates devices on the various user-mode buses during boot so that drivers can be loaded for devices found. Note that these devices would likely show up in "safely remove devices", although it's not a guarantee (there is a UMBus for Printers, for instance). Do you have anything attached to the USB or FireWire ports on this system?

I dont think I did. I will check if I have anything plugged in. Would it be a USB mouse\keyboard?

Could be - it could also be some BIOS setting for USB devices as well, although I don't know for sure.

I will check.

Edit: I just Removed all my USB devices and rebooted, it took the same time to boot. Also disabled USB devices in the BIOS, and it took the same tome to boot.

Edited by x-Shadow-x

• 3 weeks later...

i had samiler problem i change power supplier [the old one did freezing problem]

my boot time cut in half just 26secs to windows 7 64bit

:)

gonna try again server 7 cos i had there huge boot time 2-4 mins

GL

Edited by aviv00