How to Get Around the nvappfilter.

Ashbringer

Ok, so I am trying to slipstream a Windows XP Pro x32 CD. Ive had issues with the RAID and SATA drivers but hopefully thats sorted out... Im also interested in making a disk that will boot with all my other drivers but disable the nvappfilter. I really hope someone out there is more familiar with this than myself and can help me.

I was also curious about how, if I even can, integrated my own programs onto my nLite OS CD. Such as, nVidea Control Panel, my RealtekHD interface, Mozilla, Thunderbird, iTunes and so forth...

Just curious if I can do this, or at least the nVidea and Realtek stuff so its ready to go right after install instead of having to add these later even with the drivers working.

Thanks for any help or advice or even point me towards a guide that can make a good slipstreamed version...

Edited by Ashbringer

I've recently decided to ignore threads breaking forum rule #12. I'm in a good mood today so I make an exception, but I'm afraid i could only answer very small part of your questions. Anyway, a better title woud be welcome. :hello:

If the genuine (or is it called original?) drivers are unpacked and integrated with nLite,

both control panels (Nvidia/Realtek) are right working from scratch without installing more software.

g-force, I don't think that is true. I extracted the latest (at the time) Catalyst driver, including CCC, and integrated it. When the install had completed (on VMware Server), I looked in the file C:\WINDOWS\NLDRV and found the Catalyst driver but not CCC. I have put CCC into a .cmd file that runs out of nLite's Unattended RunOnce.

Ashbringer, there are several ways to install applications. You can use AddOns (see forum above), Windows Post Install (see forum below) or a method similar to Kurt_Aust's great process. I use both Kurt_Aust's and WPI. My CCC installs in the .cmd file and most other applications install via WPI and I use no AddOns (few are available for XP x64). Enjoy, John.

Ok... I didnt know I broke a rule with it... I read them I swear but I have recently been trolling a lot of forums... sorry.

Thanks for the advice and I'll read up more on the WPI and such.

Any ideas on about getting around the nvappfilter? Its apparently installed and is a bottleneck for Network access, Making sure that nothing eats all of your connection at once but only cause problems with Torrent programs and high bandwidth games. If anyone know more about it and how to get away from its evil, please let me know...

Ashbringer, I have an nVidia nForce4 MB and when I first came up I installed and used the HW firewall, Armour Shield or something like that. I had no end of trouble and removed it. I am not sure you are talking about the same thing with nvappfilter. I searched my machine and I have a nvappfilter.old that used to be nvappfilter.dll. I guess this happened when I removed the firewall. If this nVidia HW firewall is what you are talking about, I would not install it (that is my plan if I have to reformat this machine) and if it is installed, I would suggest you remove it. Enjoy, John.

I'll try to find where its coming from and stop it when I reformat again... and hopefully get a running nLite OS cd going... its very bothersome as it seems that when I run a torrent program it will throttle up, and then it says that my internet cable is disconnected! it'll reconnect and the program throtles back up and it happens again until I stop the program but then it continues disconnecting/reconnecting every 20 minutes or so until I reboot. I really hope it was the nvappfilter doing this and not my router or anything else...

Thanks John, will try to avoid that .dll