WinINSTALL License Violation

Zorro710

Hi everyone,

I am very much a newbie at software deployment, and Wininstall in particular. I've created two msi packages so far, but on each one I get this message when I go to install it....

"License violation: you are attempting to process a package that has not been branded with licensing information. Please contact you System Administrator to run the setup program or the branding program and enter valid license information. Package processing will be terminated".

HUH?? We own properly licensed version of the apps I'm trying to package, so I am clueless. Can anyone shed a clue? Thanks.

Zorro710

post-236807-1237469825_thumb.jpg

Including the WinInstall package? Message seems to indicate an Evaluation version. Many vendors only allow Evaluations just to get a feel for how they work and don't allow actual usage until licensed.

HTH

This one? "WinINSTALL/LE"? Lite Edition ("freeware license"). I don't see any other "free" useable versions. The other three are specifically Evaluation.

Hmmm, 25.9mb, WinInstall_LE.... Did you get the documentation? (your user-id, etc. for the logon?). What does it say?