XP Sp3: hotfixes, add-ons and update packs via nlite and svcpack.inf m

mrs.michaelcorleone

hello everyone. i have a very noob query which i hope wouldn't irritate anyone.

i am using nlite 1.4.9.1 and i would like to integrate updates and program addons to my windows xp sp3 installer. from MSFN's unattended windows tutorial,i learned that nlite can only slipstream the latest hotfixes so i used the svcpack.inf method to integrate windows updates which i downloaded using WUD, saved in i386/svcpack folder then created svcpack.inf file whilst deleting svcpack.in_. problem arose when i integrated program addons using nlite. nlite deleted svcpack.inf and made a svcpack.in_ file. is there a way to manually slipstream hotfixes while automatically integrating program addons via nlite? or is there another method for a beginner to slipstream windows updates and program addons to xp sp3 installer? thanks!

mrs.michaelcorleone, just place the updates in the Hot Fix section of nLite. There is no need to use the SVCPACK method. NLite may use it for some updates. You can look after running nLite. Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. If you have further questions, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Enjoy, John.