Slipstreaming .net framework

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Hi guys,

not posted for a short while.

I have a legit copy of Windows XP Sp3 and I have been using Nlite for a number of years now. To aquire all XPSP3 updates i use WUD and also use the latest URL for it.

I have only ever been able to slipstream the following items - Critical Updates, IE7+updates, Media Player 11 and Windows Defender.

I use this for work purposes. However. In order for my to use Group Policy to roll out all the software we currently use we Need .net framwork 2.0 installed. However if it is possible i would also like to slipstream all the service packs for .netfx with it. Is it possible for me to slipstream .netfx and is it quite simple to do? When ever i have tried slipstreaming it via Nlite it has failed.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks.

LICENSE AGREEMENT:

Your use of nLite is governed by the following conditions. Please read this information carefully before using nLite. By using it you are agreeing to the following conditions:

1. nLite is freeware and can be freely used for any personal non-commercial purposes, subject to the following restrictions.

2. nLite can only be distributed electronically through the official host www.nliteos.com.

3. nLite is supplied "as-is". The author assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of nLite.

4. Import Restrictions. International users also check any import restrictions that your government may impose. Reread eula.txt in your Windows\System32 folder.

5. nLite is free for personal use only, you cannot use it for any company or business purposes at this time.

6. MCDBNET2.dll is registered on me (the nLite author) with the royalty-free license and can be distributed only bundled with nLite.

7. nLite is a copyrighted material of Dino Nuhagic aka nuhi. You may not decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer this product. You may not include the parts of nLite in your software without the author's permission. You may not alter or modify nLite in any way or create a new installer for it.

Copyright © 2004-2008, Dino Nuhagic (nuhi)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

I use this for work purposes. However. In order for my to use Group Policy to roll out all the software we currently use we Need .net framwork 2.0 installed
I mean erm... cough im using this for Personal Use at home and need to install some packages on to a "home" machine.

Yoe change your mind very fast... I agree with Kel.

I do them from the runonce or cmdlines with silent switches. This way my customers will have the ability to uninstall the items via the control panel.

REG ADD %REGKEY%\001 /VE /D "installing dot net 3.5" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\001 /v 1 /D "%path%\dotnet35.exe /q /norestart" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\002 /v 2 /D "net stop msiserver" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\003 /VE /D "Installing Windows Media Player 11" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\003 /v 3 /D "%path%\wmp11.exe /Q:A" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\003 /v 4 /D "%path%\KB954154.exe /passive /norestart" /f

Edited by iamtheky

mine are in the

-i386\$oem$\D\software

so the users have local copies in their d:\software as well. I also ran into issues where if you installed something from the disc path, it would prompt the user to reinsert the media when making modifications to the application's install. determined it made life easier to let the install copy them over then execute them from the local disk.

You could probably get away with putting them anywhere browsable as they follow 8.3, think it will just be ease of use and maintainability as driving factors.

Edited by iamtheky

Cool

So I I add them to i386\$oem$\D\software

and add

REG ADD %REGKEY%\001 /VE /D "installing dot net 3.5" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\001 /v 1 /D "%path%\dotnet35.exe /q /norestart" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\002 /v 2 /D "net stop msiserver" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\003 /VE /D "Installing Windows Media Player 11" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\003 /v 3 /D "%path%\wmp11.exe /Q:A" /f

REG ADD %REGKEY%\003 /v 4 /D "%path%\KB954154.exe /passive /norestart" /f

to the Run once tab in nlite it should fly?

mmmmm sarcasm, you forgot to ask about %path% as well :)

I also didnt read the last line where it said you just throw them in the Nlite run once tab, I dont set my runonceex through nlite.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/31/

put this on top of the runonce file if you use my strings verbatim.

@echo off

cls

SET REGKEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

and path is wherever those files end up, but you can type all the absolute paths if you are not fond of wildcards.