nLite RunOnce only executes first script

namreeb

I have three bat files set to be run in the nLite RunOnce section. All three are present in %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\nLite.cmd, but only the first one runs.

Any idea why this might be?

The three batch files, in order, are as follows:

dotnet.bat:

@ECHO OFF

CD /D %SOURCE%OMEGACPU

ECHO .NET Framework 1.1..
START /WAIT dotnet11.exe /Q:A /C:"INSTALL.EXE /Q"
ECHO .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1..
START /WAIT dotnet11sp1.exe /Q

ECHO .NET Framework 3.5..
START /WAIT dotnet35.exe /PASSIVE /NORESTART

ECHO DONE!

MKDIR C:\DOTNET_RAN

flash.bat:

@ECHO OFF

CD /D %SOURCE%OMEGACPU

ECHO Adobe Flash Player..
ECHO For Firefox..
START /WAIT MSIEXEC /I "install_flash_player_10_plugin.msi" ALLUSERS=TRUE REBOOT=SUPPRESS /QB
Echo For Internet Explorer..
START /WAIT MSIEXEC /I "install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi" ALLUSERS=TRUE REBOOT=SUPPRESS /QB
ECHO DONE!

MKDIR C:\FLASH_RAN

misc.bat:

@ECHO OFF

CD /D %SOURCE%OMEGACPU

ECHO Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool..
START /WAIT WINDOWS-KB890830-V2.7.exe /Q
ECHO Done.

DEL "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Acrobat.com.lnk"
DEL "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop\Adobe Reader 9.lnk"

MKDIR C:\MISC_RAN

the nLite.cmd file is as follows:

for /f "tokens=3" %%i IN ('reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup /v "SourcePath" ^| findstr "REG_SZ"') do set SOURCE=%%i
%SOURCE%OMEGACPU\dotnet.bat
%SOURCE%OMEGACPU\flash.bat
%SOURCE%OMEGACPU\misc.bat
EXIT

ECHO .NET Framework 1.1..
START /WAIT dotnet11.exe /Q:A /C:"INSTALL.EXE /Q"
ECHO .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1..
START /WAIT dotnet11sp1.exe /Q

ECHO .NET Framework 3.5..
START /WAIT dotnet35.exe /PASSIVE /NORESTART

The .net installs are choking each other and killing your runonce process would be my best guess.

I would swing over to ryanvm's forum and grab one of the couple switchless installers for .net.... (There is a couple of all-in-ones over there)

The .net installs are choking each other and killing your runonce process would be my best guess.

I would swing over to ryanvm's forum and grab one of the couple switchless installers for .net.... (There is a couple of all-in-ones over there)

What do you mean by choking? They each wait for the previous install to complete before continuing...?

I'll try the switchless installer listed here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6431 anyways.

I think I will also kludge my problem by combining all three bat files into one. I'm not trying to make a career out of making these CDs or anything!

namreeb, I am curious about a couple of things. The name on the .NET 3.5 is dotnetfx35.exe on the MS DL Center. You have dotnet35.exe. Is this correct? Do you really need 1.1 when you have 3.5 installed? Have fun, John.

Edited by johnhc

Just an update.

I tried one of the switchless comprehensive installers available on the ryanvm page. It caused an endless cycle of rebooting. At that point I went back to g-force's suggestion of reversing the order. That seemed to work well. I also condensed my three .bat files into one, so I'm not sure if I would still be having my original problem or not, but it's working now anyway.

Thank you all.

Sounds curious, but you maybe give it a try:

Change the order of .NET-Installs, so that .NET 1.1 and SP is installed after .NET 3.5.

I do .NET 1.1 before .NET 3.5 via GuiRunOnce and it is installed properly, not a single error in over 100 runs. However, you cannot install SP1 for .NET 1.1 and subsequent SP1 hotfix just after installation of .NET 1.1. A restart is needed before applying SP1. That is also the last problem left to me, so ryan sillent addon .NET installer is not such a bad idea to try. Or if it could be done to install .NET 1.1 and 3.5 on some T-stage before restart and then after restart when GuiRunOnce stage is run apply .NET 1.1 SP1 + SP1 hotfix & .NET 3.5 hotfix. But dont know how to achive the 1st part prior to restart.... perhaps via svcpack install method? (is it possible?)

Do you really need 1.1 when you have 3.5 installed?

For some programs it is requirement, e.g. MS transliteration utility, and probably some other software of older date.

Here is my install script :

@ECHO Installing .NET Framework 1.1-3.5...

CD %DVDROM%\OSUPDATE\DOTNET
COPY /Y netfx*.* "%SYSTEMROOT%\TEMP\"
%SYSTEMDRIVE%
CD "%SYSTEMROOT%\TEMP\"
netfx.msi /quiet
[b] netfxsp.exe /quiet
netfxfx.exe /quiet[/b]
%DVDROM%
CD %DVDROM%\OSUPDATE\DOTNET
dotNetFx35setup.exe /quiet /norestart

[Where bold part is "installed", but actually it is not being installed properly due to reboot needed, also let the COPY part not confuse you, since it is extracted from main package due to size, for some reason if it is not installed from %systemdrive% it gives error that path to install source cannot be found]

Also does anyone know how to pick apart

dotNetFX20,dotNetFX30,dotNetFX35,dotNetMSP directories and dotNetFx35setup.exe from residual files not needed for x86 XPSP3 PRO English local based system,so everything is installed correctly (2.0-3.5), so I can reduce size of the .NET 3.5 installation package in all?

i do 1.1 from cmdlines.cmd @ T -13

with its corresponding hotfixes and 'net stop msiserver' between every command because it cant hurt.

then install 3.5 from runonce.cmd. I dont think you are going to reduce 3.5 much since its pretty much 2.0 SP3 and the family update might as well be SP4, thats a beast as well.

• 2 weeks later...