Sysprep question

meister

I've done a bunch of searching but haven't found an answer that works for me in production...I'm starting to think this key works on an unattended installation and not on a ghosted image.

I sysprep my master image and shut it down. I have AutoLogonCount=2 which works great if I leave AdminPassword=P@$$W0R^ (and have the actual password listed there. However this is a bad security issue.

This is Windows XP sp2. I have the admin password set on the image, and I'd rather not change that.

In my sysprep.inf file in [GuiUnattended] I've tried AdminPassword=* and that doesn't work. I've left it blank after the = and that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Also, just a side note...when mini setup is running, and it's prompting for computer name, is there a way to force the Caps Lock to be on at that moment? I have CapsLock.exe which works great, if anyone knows a way to run it during mini setup (cmdlines.txt just came to mind, I'll try that.... ;-)

Thanks..

So in essence, my goal of not having the admin password listed in clear text is never going to happen? Because the auto logon feature is a must, and I know I can't encrypt the pwd and auto logon....man! I have been beating myself up over this!

Thank you....