proper syntax to install inf file,,

I'm not sure on what syntax to use to install an inf using a cmd batch file.

I have a couple of inf files that I use but the starting code is different but they work...

here are the two inf file codes...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;
; Inf file for MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.dll ActiveX control
;

[version]
Signature=$Windows NT$

[Add.Code]
MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.dll=MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.dll

[MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.dll]
file=thiscab
RegisterServer=yes
clsid={5AE58FCF-6F6A-49B2-B064-02492C66E3F4}
; DestDir is system32
DestDir=11
FileVersion=7,0,6000,569

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;DestDir can be 10 for Windows directory, 11 for Windows\System(32) directory, or left blank for the Occache directory.

[version]
signature=$CHICAGO$

[Add.Code]
LegitCheckControl.DLL=LegitCheckControl.DLL

[LegitCheckControl.DLL]
file-win32-x86=thiscab
RegisterServer=yes
clsid={17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700}
DestDir=11
FileVersion=1,9,0009,1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Mac

First I will answer your questions in general, using an NT command script example:

:Start
@Echo Off
Mode Con: Cols=80 Lines=25
Title <your title here>

:Main
Call :SetVars
Call :SomeOtherLabelSubroutine
Call :Install
Goto :EOF

:SetVars
Set InstallINF=rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128
<set your other variables here>

:Install
<other commands here>
Start /Wait "Provide a title" %InstallINF% .\YourFile.inf
<other commands here>

NOTE: Providing a title for the Start /Wait command is vital in order to avoid errors with parameters passed to the command being started.

NOTE: The above code assumes that the NT Command Script (.cmd) and Setup Information file (.inf) reside in the same folder. The ".\" before the Setup Information file name is required.

NOTE: The example above assumes the invoked .inf file contains a [DefaultInstall] section.

However, now that I have given you all that, you still cannot use this technique for the .inf file that you are trying to install, which is part of the Microsoft Update Catalog Web Control Class ActiveX Control. ActiveX control .inf files are different from the type used to install hardware drivers and such (which the process shown above is for).

In any event, I have already built an installer (and an installer builder) for all the Microsoft Update web sites ActiveX controls. Read Guide: Download Everything Microsoft, which is pinned in this forum (link also in my signature).

it will work I pulled the activex MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.dll info from a working computer...

turn it into an inf file then registered then silent registered the MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.dell file,,,,

The page comes up just like it should be after you do the normal downloaded activex install like the page ask for..

I added it to the installation DVD already...

was not as hard as I thought it would be/////