Upgrade from v6.4 to v7.0

Hi All,

I have spent a lot of time learning and configuring WPI v6.4 to my liking. This is an awesome program!

Now I would like to upgrade from v6.4 to v7.0. Is it simply a matter of moving my /Install folder and my custom support files from the v6.4 to the v7.0, ot do I need to start over?

Regards,

Mike

When upgrading to a newer version of WPI it is VERY simple...

Unrar the new WPI to a temporary directory. Go to your current WPI in the wpiscripts folder and grab these 3 files (Config.js, useroptions.js and windowoptions.js) and place them in the new wpiscripts dir.

Delete all WPI folders EXCEPT the audio folder (If you have custom music in it.) and your installer\files dir (Der) We have updated the themes in almost every release the past few times so you need to update your themes otherwise you loose ALOT of functionality and effects.

As of @ a month ago (Early Dec '08) All of the WPI run files have been updated. Please renew those files also.

Once everything is replaced place all new files back into the necessary places and run WPI going through the Config wizard and options wizards in case any of those need updated. WPI will do that automatically.

About Lang files! If you are updating the Lang files please remember to read the comments on lines that HAVE to be left alone i.e. (and update the Lang file here on the forum, please.)