Code vs Codebox

Yzöwl

I was saying that with Opera:

• I see the board's CODEBOX "properly"
  • I can copy and paste their contents "correctly"
  • I don't have "keywords" blue, double underlined and popping up ads

Again, be careful how you word it. There is actually no *wrong* way to display the CSS that applies to the spans that are created for CODE and CODEBOX objects on the forum. The CSS specs basically say that *either* way is fine, and both conform 100% to the CSS spec. This is why saying that a browser is "standards compliant" is a misnomer - you can implement a spec one way, have it be ugly, and still be standards compliant. As to the ads, I'm sure if there was a larger userbase for Opera the Vibrant folks would spend the time to make it work ;).

So why does my copy of Firefox draw the Codeboxes the same width as Yzöwl's copy of IE7? (Give or take 20 or so pixels)

BTW Spam's browsershots disappeared overnight -- yesterday's interesting page is today's dead link.

Actually, cluberti, you've completely missed the point of my question. Perhaps I was a little too brief. So, let me explain.

In Yzöwl's post of screenshots (see post #8) the behaviour of "my usual Gecko based browser" and IE7 are shown as somewhat different. Based upon that, this post then took a somewhat OT turn into an argument over the different rendering of different browsers.

Now I have come along, with the implied asseveration that most of this discussion is actually based upon a false premise. Because MY "usual Gecko based browser", namely Firefox, renders the CODEBOX essentially the same as Yzöwl's IE7 (give or take a few pixels) and not like the first screenshot at all.

We thus revert to the original question by Yzöwl. We know that the CODEBOX rendering can be different on different versions of IP.Board and also that it will be radically different in the upcoming version 3 (as confirmed by a discussion between myself and Tarun on another forum). So, has anything changed on this board, or not? That is, after all, the original question and it has not yet been answered.