Superbar improvements

DarkUltra

After two months I reverted back to Quick Launch + standard Taskbar. The recent list was so large, it was difficult to hit the "pinned" My Computer and D:\ shortcuts I had over 19 recent items and two pinned.

windows_7_superbar_too_big.jpg

Much easier to have direct shortcuts and go from there. The recent item list is changing all the time so forget about remembering the places. It's much easier to switch programs with the standard taskbar. I use two lines so I can still see the names even though I have lots of windows open.

windows_7_reverted_quick_launch.jpg

It's just too difficult and slow to use the thumbnail previews. Again much faster to just see the icon and the windows name right away. I also disable "Slide taskbar buttons" as the animation is too slow and jerky. Saves some CPU resources as Windows 7 draw calls still run on CPU, not the GPU like OSX Leopard

Also, I miss the option to close windows by right click and pressing C on my keyboard.

windows_7_taskbar_window_close.png

Something I would really like is to have graphs and information right on the new double task bar, like network I/O, file I/O, memory and CPU graph (instead of floating windows like we must today).

windows_7_cpu_disk_io_and_network_io_on_taskbar.jpg