xp nlite boot disk

mzik

Hi

When I use a standard xp instalation it stops somewhere and allows to do a corectional installation,(restore) instead of new installation that keeps the original apps and just fixes the XP

The nlite disk that I made doesnt stop to allow me to choose "Restore"

Is there a way to make it just restore an older(nlite) installation?

Edited by mzik

mzik, it's called Repair and you need to select Prompt Repair as the Unattended Mode. As Ponch pointed out, it is in the nLite FAQs as well as several times in this forum where a search would have found it. Enjoy, John.

mzik, it's called Repair and you need to select Prompt Repair as the Unattended Mode. As Ponch pointed out, it is in the nLite FAQs as well as several times in this forum where a search would have found it. Enjoy, John.

hi i did as suggested and it worked, only now the pc doesnt end the shutdown- it stops with a msg that it can now be shutdown,before it finished by it self

I looked at the faq, there is not same screen on my control panel as described.

how to return the shut down?

thnks

Edited by mzik

mzik, APM stands for Advanced Power Management. There should be an APM tab on your Power Options under the Control Panel. I have no APM tab on my machine and am not familiar with this. Do you have Computer Type on the Unattended section of nLite set to Automatic? Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.