Regedit logon script for Excel Addins

paraffin

Environment: 2003 SP2 x64 | Citrix 4.5

Hello

I am trying to create a registry script to automatically add the Add-Ins for Excel i.e. BIF and Excelerator when accessing it via Citrix.

I am using the files attached which actually work if I am a local administrator but not if I am a normal Domain User.

I am running the .bat file through the local GPEDIT.msc of the Citrix server rather than GPO because the users are actually in a Parent Domain that our domain trusts (one way).

Obviously I do not want to give local admin rights to all Citrix users so I was wondering if anyone had done this before or knows of a way of doing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated via a Thank You for lack of a better method :thumbup

excelerator.zip

I'm assuming that the registry keys for the plugin are correct.

To install a office-plugin I expected that the registry-keys should be part of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

So far I'll also add registry-keys per .bat-script and GPO into HKEY_CURRENT_USER each time a user log onto a workstation or a Citrix-Terminalserver.

One thing is that you can forbid per GPOs that users cannot open the registry "regedit.exe". In this case the call will be ignored. Maybe one local or global GPO has this functionality activated?

The reg key are correct as I have tested them with local admin users and they are exports from manually configured Excel Addin.

As we run a child domain and there are no users in it i.e users log into Citrix using the parent domain logins then the child domain GPO Logon scripts do not run. This is why I need to use a local GPO policy which does run the scripts but not for standard users.

I have also tried a scheduled task but the scheduler does not seem to recognise the Citrix logon in the traditional sense so does not run the task.

I will have a look at the local and domain GPO for permissions to run Regedit?

Any suggestions on how to run the script with elevated permissions would be great.