Setting margins in word document (Microsoft Word 2003)

m16si

Dear forum members,

I am asking for your help with setting up top and bottom margins (menu File, submenu Page setup) in word document.

Requirements for top margin are following:

- between edge of the paper (A4 – paper size) and text must be blank space; this field must be wide between 2 and 2,5 cm. I prefer highest possible margin, that is 2,5 cm.

- My question is how to setup margin (in submenu Page setup) and layout to fulfill previously mentioned requirements. I have set up top margin to 2,5cm, layout (from edge - header) is set to 0,0 cm. Final result is not satisfying, because blank space measures 3,3 cm. Where have I gone wrong? Is it possible that measure is wrong because of printer settings, are my settings by default ok?

- For orientation Portrait is used

- Header option is not used (Header does not exsits!)

Requirements for bottom margin are following:

- Footer is used (pages are numbered; central alignment is used)

- Blank space between edge of a paper and page number must be exactly 2,0 cm

- My current settings are: bottom margin is set to 0,0 cm , layout (from edge – footer) is set to 2,0 cm; i know that this settings are false, because narrow space between page number and text must exist

Thnx for any answers in advance.

Best regards

M16si

I'm not really sure what your difficulty is, but here's some rules...

1. The Header measure is the space from the top of the header text to the bottom edge of the paper.

2. The Footer measure is the space from the bottom of the footer text to the bottom edge of the paper.

3. The margin measures are all the distance between the body text and the edge of the paper.

So, if I have a 1" margin and a 1" header, and put something in my header, you won't be able to see it 'cause it'll get covered up with text.