Seagate 7200.11 official new firmware!

hi all! so, i flashed my 500GB Seagate with this firmware, my OS booted normally (well, it discovered the drive again as a new hardware) and after the process now the diagnostic tool says i have firmware revision SD1A. have i done things right?

Yes, i guess so. The new firmware is called SD1A, so you're up to date. Glad to hear it went without problems btw, i think i'm gonna have to go through the same procedure today when i get my disc.

good luck and thanks for the reply. the procedure is not so complicated, but you only have to dowload and run SeaTools to scan your exact model (write it down somewhere), so you'll be sure which option you should mark while in DOS mode. thanks again.

Doesn't DriveDetect.exe work aswell? The one from Seagate customer service page. http://support.seagate.com/kbimg/utils/drivedetect.exe

hi all! so, i flashed my 500GB Seagate with this firmware, my OS booted normally (well, it discovered the drive again as a new hardware) and after the process now the diagnostic tool says i have firmware revision SD1A. have i done things right?

Yes, i guess so. The new firmware is called SD1A, so you're up to date. Glad to hear it went without problems btw, i think i'm gonna have to go through the same procedure today when i get my disc.

good luck and thanks for the reply. the procedure is not so complicated, but you only have to dowload and run SeaTools to scan your exact model (write it down somewhere), so you'll be sure which option you should mark while in DOS mode. thanks again.

Doesn't DriveDetect.exe work aswell? The one from Seagate customer service page. http://support.seagate.com/kbimg/utils/drivedetect.exe

yeah, works more than ok, but i installed SeaTools because of the testing options