Toshiba Qosmio G50 and ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

zammer

Good Evening Everyone,

I have a Qosmio G50 and want to load XP 32 on the system. Here's the configuration info:

Model Name: Qosmio G50 ACPI x64-based PC

Part Number: PQG55C-01R039

OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

BIOS Version: Version 1.90

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz

IDE Controlr: Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

IDE Device: FUJITSU MHZ2320BH G1

I downloaded the 32 bit SATA driver from here: "Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller\"

The driver info indicated it does support the "Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller"...

I'm using a Windows XP Corporate CD with SP3 slipstreamed into it. I've copied the SATA drivers to a Floppy and am using the F6 option to load the SATA drivers. At the F6 screen promt I select the right driver and then Windows Xp continues to load the rest of the drivers. When copying of the drivers is finished and then the screen says 'Preparing to Start Windows' - that's when the BSOD error appears??

Stop: 0x0000007B (0XF78D2524M, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

I then went back and downloaded the 64 bit SATA driver, put it onto a floppy and used the F6 option to install the Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller...

This time I got an error saying...

Setup could not load the file IaStor.sys - Error code 4

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong??? I believe I've downloaded the correct SATA Driver? If not could someone point me to the right one...

Please and Thank You...

Edit:

Just had a thought - what if the floppy has a bad sector? Put in a new floppy, tried both sets of drivers and same respective errors.

Let me know if there's more I can be providing???

Edited by zammer

I don't know how you guys do it but I am amazed... No matter how many times I tried the driver from a Floppy using F6 - No Go...

Integrated the driver using nlite and voila - I'm hooked up. :thumbup

Thanks !!!!