how to create bootable vista32 disc

whitebb6

[*]OEM Re-Installation Disc: (This one requires a bit more fiddling than the others, so consider it for more advanced users) Some OEMs ship their systems with a "re-installation disc". This disc may be be customized by the OEM to install only one version of Vista, but those customizations can usually be "undone" using vLite, and then will allow you to install any version (that you have a license for) from that disc. This modification removes some of the custom scripts that an OEM uses to automate the Vista installation. Sometimes they also customize the windows install files, but I think they just add drivers to them. Using this method does not give you a "pristine" install disc, but it should be enough to work. An example where you could do this is if you have a Dell Vista Business disc at work that only allows you to install Vista Business. You can modify this disc to allow you to install Home Premium on your home laptop.

• For Dell discs:
    1. Copy the entire Dell DVD to a folder on your hard drive
    2. In the "sources" folder, there is a folder called "$oem$". Delete it
    3. In the "sources" folder, there is a file called "pid.txt". Delete it.
    4. Open vLite and burn a new disc using those files
    5. Install vista. It should now allow you to choose a version of Vista to install, and also will not install the dell product key and activation files

(Thanks to Silas Awaketh for the info that helped me figure this out)

[*]Dell is currently the only OEM I have info for.

i followed those instructions but the instructions on how to use vlite, i am very un-familiar with.

I did everything the guide told me to do, and now i have opened up vLite.

so far i choose what version of vista i wanted to make a disc of

vista32 home premium

then i clicked next and was brought up to a screen where i could select certain items

-service pack slipstream

-integration

-components

-tweaks

-unattended setup

-bootable ISO

so i checked service pack slipstream and bootable iso and clicked next. my question is where do i find the sp1 file?

and my other question is, lets say i dont want to make my disc with sp1, so i just select bootable iso and nothing else. i then click next and am brought up to the screen where it says "make a bootable ISO for testing and burning"

on mode i selected burn image and then clicked burned, but it asks me to locate the iso file. so i went back and selected create image then clicked make iso, and this is where i am stuck i dont know what file to choose.

can anybody help?

thanks