Does anyone have luck to downgrade Vista to XP Pro on HP Pavilion dv4t

cygnifi

I was able to install XP Pro SP2 on Pavilion dv4t-1000 after slipstream SATA driver using nLite. But I had a hard time finding all device drivers, esp. IDT HD Audio Codec. I chatted w/ HP, but most of drivers they suggested didn't work. Officially they don't support XP. Just wondering if anyone had luck with Pavilion dv4t-1000.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

cygnifi,

Which drivers did you actually use to slipstream for your SATA interface to install XP.

I have a DV4T-1000 but I have not managed to slipstream any drivers into a CD that have lead to a successful installation menu for XP during boot up.

Either I am using the wrong SATA drivers (please provide the ones you used) or I am not using nlite in the right way (it seems fairly straight forward).

Please provide a description on how you went about getting XP on the DV4T-1000.

http://www.msfn.org/board/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif

Hello.

I'm having this same problem.

My HP is a dv5-1132es. HP offers the drivers for XP SATA installation here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...228〈=en

I would like to know what to do about the *.exe file. I can decompress it but I don't know what's useful there.

If I procced as their website suggests I can't make the pc recognize the disk for XP install.

I'm asking HP over customer service, and they're nerds. They answer questions 24h. a day but it's not the same guy every time, so a few hours after one fellow is saying something (more often than not irrelevant to my laptop although it is in the subject), comes another fellow and tells you the exact same bullshait without batting an eyelash.

Thanks in advance to everyone