Offline Files & Update Notification

toibry

:hello:Where is the tweak that trigger the offline files option in Windows XP because I don’t wanted

and I suggest to add disable update notification under the security tweaks

and thank you very much

-ibry

ok thanks again

1- the defaults of offline file option in windows XP is to be (off) but when I use nlite the offline option is (on) so I need to avoid that by knowing the one responsible in nlite settings

2- in the security section you can find an option for disabling the notification of firewall and the anti-virus but not for the update so I suggest to add one there in nlite

thank you thank you thank you :)

-ibry

toibry, I looked at my real machine, and indeed Offline Files are disabled. I am bringing up my VM to see what my nLited one says. I learned that I have to have Fast User Switching disabled to even see the Offline Files options. I assume you are talking about Windows Updates in question 2? If so, it is covered in the Unattended section, Automatic Updates tab. Make sure you always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: When my VM came up, I discovered no Offline Files tab on my folders options. There is a shared folder on the net between by host and my guest systems. What do I need to do to see the tab? Thanks, John.

Edited by johnhc

no but thanks :)

you see

1- the update that am referring to is not the service but the notification in

Control Panel - in Security Center - in change the way security center alerts me

2- the Offline option is in

Control Panel - in Appearance and Theme - in Folder Options - in Offline File Section

Thanks

ibry

toibry and JatinBeniwal, I have no problem finding the Folders options. I am simply saying that on my nLite install on my VM there is NO Offline Files tab. Perhaps you guys can tell me why I have no such tab. I have seen no nLite options to change the way the security center notifies you. Perhaps a Google search will turn up a Registry tweak. Enjoy, John.

• 8 months later...