Help with Windows XP Pro Upgrade CD

Mystar

I have a Windows XP Home CD and a Windows XP Pro Upgrade CD with SP2...both are the retail versions.

I would like to make the Windows XP Pro CD to install like the full version and then I want to start working

on making a slipstream of SP3. Can I do this with nLite? I've spent the last few hours trying to find anything

like that in the forums here as well as googling the internet and I can't seem to find any instructions for how

to do it.

I'd say... you can slipstream SP3 in your XP Pro CD but it will still remain an upgrade CD. Because that's what you paid for.

In an other post, someone thougt of a ...workaround, puting a whole Windows98 on the media to avoid popping the disc at install. But then you'd probably need to use a DVD to fit it all.

I'd say... you can slipstream SP3 in your XP Pro CD but it will still remain an upgrade CD. Because that's what you paid for.

In an other post, someone thougt of a ...workaround, puting a whole Windows98 on the media to avoid popping the disc at install. But then you'd probably need to use a DVD to fit it all.

Thanks for the reply.

That's pretty much what I'm try to do. I just don't want to have to install the Windows XP Home to upgrade to Windows XP Pro. If I remember right, there was a way to just add the files that older Windows upgrades were looking for to keep from having to insert the disc of the previous version. If I have to have both versions on a dvd that's fine with me if I can avoid having to install Windows XP Home.

So I'm off to look for that post now...unless you already know where it is.

Thanks again.